Tuesday, August 12, 2014

'Ohana Means Family

Hi there,

Sunday was the last day of our Disney vacation! It's been fun getting to relax and have fun with my family before the DCP starts. It was my first time staying at the Polynesian Resort and I loved everything about it. I have always wanted to stay here, but never had the chance. We were originally going to be staying at the Boardwalk Inn Resort this vacation due to construction but changed our minds. Although there is construction, we are still having a great time here. A few of my favorite things about this resort:

-The View

  • Staying close to Magic Kingdom and being able to see Cinderella's Castle from the resort is great. The resort has a beach on Seven Seas Lagoon and you can watch the Wishes fireworks show from the beach. It's nice not having to deal with the mad rush of people leaving the park once the fireworks end. There's also an Electrical Water Pageant at night in the Seven Seas Lagoon. 

-The Monorail

  • I've never stayed at a monorail resort but I'm obsessed now. You can take the monorail to the other monorail resorts (Grand Floridian or Contemporary) as well as Magic Kingdom and the TTC (transfers you to Epcot). It's fun riding the monorail to the parks instead of riding the busses. The worst part about the monorail is the line to after the parks close. We had a character meal at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare so it was fun riding over to the other monorail resorts and being able to explore. 

-Food

  • Holy yum, the food at the Polynesian is so good. I've eaten at 'Ohanas before for the character breakfast as well as the Spirit of Aloha Luau (which is so cool, btw). The sweet bread is to die for. It's a bread with coconut and pineapple and YUM is all I gotta say. We had dinner at 'Ohanas for my brother's birthday and it was delicious. Everything is served family style and I couldn't get enough. The best treat at the Polynesian though is the Dole Whip. This stuff is life changing. There's only a small number of places in the world you can get this stuff. A Dole Whip is soft-serve ice cream with pineapple juice. I guess it's like a pineapple juice float. You can get vanilla or pineapple soft-serve. It's delicious, there's a reason these are so famous. You can't get Dole Whips at the Polynesian right now, but once Captain Cook's is renovated (which is very soon) then they will be back. 

I had to say goodbye to my family on Sunday morning. We had breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at 'Ohanas then they were on their way back to Oklahoma. I hate goodbyes but I can't wait to start my DCP!

Thanks for reading,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment