Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sanaa

Hiya,

Last night we ate at Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and it was incredible. It serves African and Indian cuisine. We normally don't eat at more "exotic" places like this, but someone recommended it so we took the risk. Sanaa is located below the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The AKL has savannas with giraffes, zebra, ostriches, gazelles, and many other animals. We were seated next to a window so if it wouldn't have been dark outside, we would've been able to see all theses animals while we dined.

While we waited to be seated, we walked around outside to get a closer look of the savannah. The Cast Members working (Vimbai and Johnson) were great. Vimbai was from Zimabwe and Johnson was from Botswana. They chatted with us about their home countries, the animals on the savannah, African culture, and working at Disney. They were very interesting to talk to and definitely made our night.

For our meal, we ordered naan with 9 accompaniments (my favorite was the Spicy JalapeƱo-Lime Pickle). This stuff was so good we had to order extra pieces of naan. We would've been happy with this just being our meal. I ordered the Lamb Shank and it was pretty good. I normally only eat chicken, but I enjoyed the lamb. I wish I would have asked for rice as my side instead of the sweet potato it came with. For dessert, I ordered Kulfi which is an Indian ice cream. I loved this place and can't wait to come back. I really stepped outside of my box and it payed off.

With a giraffe outside the AKL

A tortoise walking around outside the window while we waited to be seated

Our naan

The Lamb Shank 
Banana cheesecake dessert

Kids turtle dessert-so cute


If you ever find yourself at Walt Disney World and looking for something interesting to try, go to Sanaa. You won't regret it. 

Thanks for reading,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment