Saturday, August 16, 2014

Where Dreams Come True

My first week in the DCP has been great. I checked in on Monday morning, had my drug testing and housing meeting on Tuesday, and then Disney Traditions on Thursday!

Disney Traditions is the first paid day as a CM. It's kind of like a class where you learn the heritage and culture of Disney, which is incredibly important. It's all about how your role fits into the Disney Show. I have always admired everything about Disney and to see how I get to impact the Disney story was really cool. Traditions is held at Disney University, which is located behind Magic Kingdom. 

The Disney University building is pretty cool on the inside. The hallways are lined with photographs from Disney movies, Disney parks and resorts, Disney broadway shows, and other various Disney-related things. The ceiling tiles also have Disney characters hanging down from them. 

The beginning of Traditions was all about safety. How to be safe as a cast member, what to do in an emergency, etc. Then we talked about the company's common goal, how to achieve that goal, and the Disney heritage. I'm won't tell any spoilers, but there were definitely some fun surprises. 

The next part of Traditions was a tour of Magic Kingdom and we got to tour the famous Utilidors. We weren't allowed to take photos but it was what you would expect. It's just a system of tunnels under the park but it's still really cool to see in person. Since I'll be located in Magic Kingdom, I'm sure I'll be spending plenty of time down there. There's a cafeteria in the tunnels for cast members, but I didn't see anything else. 

After our tour, we received our nametags! We talked about all the opportunities available to cast members and how Disney can help us reach our goals. Overall, it was a great class. I may or may not have cried three times. 


Nametag!

Mulan in Epcot

Perfect way to celebrate a day off!


Lucky for me, I had yesterday and today off. I went to Epcot and Magic Kingdom yesterday, but I'm taking today easy. I wanted to stay home and prepare for my upcoming week. I have the next two days of orientation tomorrow and Monday, then I'll begin training at my location. I'm really excited but nervous too. Wish me luck.

Thanks for reading,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment